There are many articles written about why testing is important and required to be able to build/deploy production-ready applications. For example, they might save your hours of debugging or easier to refactor saving your company millions, etc.
All These reasons are true however in my opinion there is one fundamental reason that is even more important. When you have to write a Unit Test it makes you rethink not just “I hope this code works with your fingers crossed “. It forces you to think about.
- What will this method/function do?
- What is the expected input and output?
- What data type is the input?
- Is my code really dry and clean?
- Can this code be writeen better ?
Because even if you never ever run these tests you have just accomplished alot just by answering these questions
The system is loading will be back soon …………